Cunningham-Reis was established in 1914 by Chet Cunningham and Paul Reis. At a young age, Earl Anderson started working for Cunningham-Reis and worked his way up to eventually purchasing the company in 1968. When Earl purchased the company, the headquarters were in downtown Des Moines. In 1985 Cunningham-Reis moved to Van Meter, Iowa, where it is still located today. Roger Anderson and David Anderson, Earl’s two boys, started working for their father in 1982 and 1983 and eventually would take over the company.
When AGC of Iowa was founded in 1923, Cunningham-Reis was one of the original members. They are one of the few original members of AGC of Iowa still doing work today.